Wild Speculation

769 replies to this topic

#341 Heronimus Bosch

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:22 AM

View Postpalebear, on 15 March 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

I thought I might just try and stimulate some discussion on what people think will be available for purchase as addons to the free-to-play?

I think the low hanging fruit in the discussion would be faster experience, mech customization, storage and ammunition but what else do you think will be made available for the players willing to shell out some cash?

Do you think there will be transit (travel) costs to Premium areas? Cockpit toys? Customized mech start-up audio? Pilot clothing?

I'm interested to see what people THINK will be in as well as what people HOPE will be available for purchase in the game.

View PostLordDeathStrike, on 15 March 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

well the one thing proven that man kind has paid for (he invented money to pay for it) is...

View PostSirDenOfYork, on 15 March 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

Most "Free to Play" games i've ever played to be sure there will be something to PAY for, you can count on that....

View PostThe Cheese, on 15 March 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

Well, yeah, of course there will be. The devs have made no secret of the fact that they will have things that can be purchased with real-world money.

View PostM4NTiC0R3X, on 15 March 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

In light of a recent thread... I'd definately shell out $60 USD for the game itself, considering many future updates are 'on the house. A lot of content will be available through gameplay itself, however people will pay $$ for exlcusives it's bound to happen. Front page says 11,921 likes on facebook, that's $715,260 + all the people who don't live online (word of mouth) but enjoy game shelves. :blink:

View Postnubnub, on 15 March 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

Erm, you realise there are ~70,000 registered users. If they all paid $60 that is $4.2mil and that's well before game launch. I'll get some data soon on what the real numbers will be but its much more than $4.2....

View PostTatius Pryde, on 15 March 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

Oh this is an easy one to answer.

- mech slots for new mechs. comes in a pack, two slots and such.
- Skins for mechs (maybe bundled with loadouts/variants)
- MAYBE weapon packs
- Xp boost and Credit boosts.
- repair "boxes" allowing instant reapair or half price repair or somthing.
- random cosmetic stuff (change your lighs on your mech, )

I highly doubt a pay for a atlas variant thats better then the one avaliable in game will be availiable. that goes against there no pay to win comments. hell just look at APB:r for contraversy regarding pay to win.

as for not so obvious payment stuff, maybe cerermony banners that you can hang from your mech?. different backgrounds (depending on how they do the mechlab) for the mechlab, such as a winter theme with snow and such or a draconis combine theme with banners and stuff hanging in the mechbay?.

View PostFoòóoo, on 16 March 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I think basically everything WoT does MW:O will copy in some shape or form.

C-bills will be the normal currency. (Like WoT silver credits)

*Gold (*for lack of a better term) is currency bought with money. (Like WoT gold)

*Gold will most likely be used for a variety of things.... (some of these previous posters have already said)

- Skins
Self explanitory

- Premium membership (XP+credit boosts)
Self explanitory

- Certain Consumables
WoT example : fire-extinguishers, chocolate, repair kits etc
Mech example : Nitrous Jumpjet Shot (Increases jumpjet power for x amount of time....1 time use per battle)

Its not best example but there would be a C-bill version as well, just it gets destroyed on use whereas the gold version wouldn't.

- Mech slots
Self explanitory

- Cosmetic Items
Hula girls for your cockpit etc etc

- Gold -> C-bill conversion
Self explanitory

- Move XP to another mech for gold.
Self explanitory

- Removal of modules without destroying them.
Like WoT, certain modules you can add to your tank , mech in this case, cannot be removed without destroying the module unless you use gold.

- Merc corp stuff
Multiples things here, could be you need gold to start a corp, or gold will negate the c-bill cost for certain merc stuff etc

- Premium Mechs
Exactly like WoT Premium tanks, they aren't OP for their teir in WoT (T-59 Spam was annoying tho) so some sort of not overly powerful standard but rarish mechs could be used here.

...... If i think of any others ill edit the post..... :ph34r:

View PostSirDenOfYork, on 16 March 2012 - 03:24 AM, said:

I will pay for some things because i think it will be well worth it.... :wacko:

People, read the OP, this thread is for Wild Speculations.
There are plenty of threads that discus the serious matter of what will be in the cash shop lets keep this thread fun please.

Thank you :D

#342 nubnub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCallison

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

View PostHeronimus Bosch, on 16 March 2012 - 05:22 AM, said:

People, read the OP, this thread is for Wild Speculations.
There are plenty of threads that discus the serious matter of what will be in the cash shop lets keep this thread fun please.

Thank you :ph34r:

Thank you for providing nothing to this thread, just like this post.

Thank you :D

#343 Heronimus Bosch

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

View Postnubnub, on 16 March 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:

Thank you for providing nothing to this thread, just like this post.

Thank you :wacko:

One could say pot and kettle, but that would derail the thread even further. :D

Wild Speculation

On the day that MWO is released, PGI an IGP will announce that they have also finished their prototype for a mech and it will be humanoid.

/Wild Speculation :ph34r:

#344 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

Speculation: MW:O will give birth to a quasi-religion that will worship the PGI staff as pseudo deities...

Reverence will be give to those who can recite the die roll to leg an Atlas and the alter figurine will be the Golden Hula Girl.

When the Clan Mechs fail to materialize, worshipers will imbibe cooling fluid which will set in place a mass suicide only rivaled by the Jonestown, Guyana incident.

Clan Mechs will be released 4 days later...

#345 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

View PostFoòóoo, on 16 March 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

- Premium Mechs
Exactly like WoT Premium tanks, they aren't OP for their teir in WoT (T-59 Spam was annoying tho) so some sort of not overly powerful standard but rarish mechs could be used here.

All of the Unseen 'mechs will be available in MWO, but only as "Premium" 'mechs.

#346 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:45 AM

all 10 locked threads I saw when I logged in will be merged into wild speculation because they are rather wild and unfounded speculations or flamer threads, thus are the same kind of thread as this one. n___n

People will read OP before they post, at the least.

The mods will be forced to stop locking threads until SOPA is passed, giving them free reign to censor free speech as long as the posters are American citizens.

Playing MW:O will automatically get your a citizens visa for the U.S.A. so that you fall into the jurisdiction of the mods as well as the SOPA

All French who like MW:O will realize this too late and then will commit suicide. Half of the French will die this summer.

"Its ok, this is all part of the plan", is what Paul will remind us 10 years latter when we wake up from the MW:O dream and find that he has taken over the world city 17 style.

#347 Nik Van Rhijn

• 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:08 AM

You will only be able to pilot Clan Mechs on release if you can prove you are vatborn ;)

#348 Ian MacLeary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationChiron Beta Prime

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

View PostOmigir, on 17 March 2012 - 04:45 AM, said:

People will read OP before they post, at the least.

Hey now... this is the thread for wild speculation, not sheer fantasy.

Ooh, I bet you don't know this: While we are piloting our 'mechs in-game, vast armies of Chinese laborers will be sitting around computer terminals, rolling dice and inputting the results. These tables of numbers will then be used to randomize hit locations and other events in-game in order to satisfy the table-top purists. The Chinese laborers will have their choice of being paid 10 cents an hour cash or 12 cents an hour in MWO credit.

#349 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

View PostOmigir, on 07 February 2012 - 01:43 AM, said:

I decided there needed to be a wild speculation thread. Considering all the assumptions people are making that are a 'sure thing' I figured that this thread might some how 'suck up their venom' and thus leave the rest of the forums free of doubters.

So, my wild speculation!

There will be pony skins that give you +%5 everything. And instead of a hud zoom, it replaces that with universal celerity. Then there will be in game shop items called. 'lenses' and the 'lenses' change your AC weapons fire into confetti, and your PPC and Laser fire into rainbows!

;) The Devs *haven't* said that this wont be in the game so it very well could be. There for since I speculate it, its true. Its like the show 'lost', what ever you feel it will be like is automatically true in this thread. So you you believe strongly enough the clans will be there on launch and you can have a MadCat MKII at launch, its totally plausible in this thread!

In case your not catching it, its all sarcasm. This is a call for people to wake up and realism they cant declare something is broken unless they actually know that it is. Getting a little information which is even stated THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO ONGOING TESTING is not grounds to call something unbalanced, broken, over powered, unfair, or unlikable. Further more, if you feel that something is not up to your visual standards, or that its not like you thought it was, that does not make what the Dev's decide to do not right/fun/entertaining/accurate/appropriate. The Devs are very patient and listen to us, that does not mean we can start making outright demands, this is their project and gift to us and they are sinking more money into this then i'm sure all of us made in the last 10 years. So please, give them a chance before you start trying to call them out on work that you have not yet seen to judge.

And the atlas will be wearing a pink tutu. ^_^
Spoiler

Edited by ArchSight, 17 March 2012 - 04:00 PM.

#350 Razed

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 83 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

In order to broaden the demographic appeal of the game. Faction options will include Steiner, Marik, Davion, Kurita, and Liao of course, but also "Team Edward" and "Team Jacob".

#351 Nik Van Rhijn

• 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

Not to mention the ever popular "Team Zombie" - which most of us will belong to around 18-24 hours after beta opens (depending upon caffein intake and stamina). Fortunately us oldies can get by on less sleep ;)

#352 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:41 AM

Medium Lasers Will Be RED

During March Madness...Gauss Rifle Slugs Will Actually Look Like Basketballs

Temporary Cease Fires Declared On Super Bowl Sundays.

#353 Hayashi

Snowflake

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:51 AM

Did someone say pony skins?

And how about a cosmetic paint scheme for my Urban'Mech that makes it look more like a trashcan than it already does?

#354 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:17 AM

View PostHayashi, on 18 March 2012 - 03:51 AM, said:

Did someone say pony skins?

And how about a cosmetic paint scheme for my Urban'Mech that makes it look more like a trashcan than it already does?

Nope, too much of a tactical advantage on that last one. You are walking down a dark alley scouting for mechs, and walk right by that Urbie. It powers up and back shoots you. You are insistant there was no mech in that alley, just a large trashcan.

#355 Hayashi

Snowflake

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:20 AM

Last I heard camouflage and hiding was part of tactics. I might pay real money for that trash can paint... and you can always learn to shoot at garbage. =P

Besides, how many 'Mech sized trash cans are there anyway?

Let's see...

Urbanmech...
Flashman...
JagerMech...
Imp...

Ok, quite a few... never mind...

#356 Sarah Dalrymple

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSkye March, Hesperus II

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:43 AM

The game is really going to be released in a series of 'Find Your Own Adventure' books. Unfortunately, they all have the same ending: Paul wins in an Urbie that has a Trololol face painted on it. People storm PGI with pitchforks and torches as a result.

#357 El Loco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNew Haven, CT

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:54 AM

Depending on which House you're with, there will be different languages for the cockpit voice. Additionally, an algorithm will translate everything you said using the in game voice over IP system into you House's primary language. This will create enough confusion among pilots that Paul can win entire scenarios single-handedly.

#358 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:40 AM

When the Devs said that role warfare will make light mechs viable as standard playable class, what they really meant is that players will be able to voltron style merge a number of light mechs together to form a larger one. Urbanmechs will int his way become the most OP mech in the game doing to merging up with 4 other urbanmechs and having 5 AC 20's and Small Lasers.

Further more, you will be able to purchase as /Dance from the money store which will make all merges not only instantaneous (after a lengthy dance move that each mech will due, but will be invulnerable while doing it) as well as a +50% dmg in the form of rainbow damage.

Also, you will be able to purchase a bag of holding for your ammunition which will reduce all of the ammo you could ever want to carry down to .01 Tons per ammo type.

#359 Shai tan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

You know what would be nice? We all know there will be a VERY large MWO player base. It`d be cool if Hollywood ultimately takes notice, and finally does a Mechwarrior movie. I million players easilly. How many of those with families? And of course they hit the theatre for some onscreen Mech action.

Loads of cash to be made at the Box Office.

#360 Sarah Dalrymple

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSkye March, Hesperus II

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

View Postshai`tan, on 18 March 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

You know what would be nice? We all know there will be a VERY large MWO player base. It`d be cool if Hollywood ultimately takes notice, and finally does a Mechwarrior movie. I million players easilly. How many of those with families? And of course they hit the theatre for some onscreen Mech action.

Loads of cash to be made at the Box Office.

Only they hire Michael Bay, who then turns it into a movie about gaint talking robots... oh wai...

35 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 35 guests, 0 anonymous users